MEET THE TEAM
Our Strong Style coaches are all leaders in and out of the gym. Each of us look forward to meeting you and helping you achieve your Strong Style!
Owner / Head Instructor
- Coach Rich is a Black Belt in Brazilian Jiu Jitsu under Professor Jeremy Mahon.
- He began training in martial arts at the age of 9, starting with Taekwondo, boxing and wrestling in New Orleans, Louisiana.
- He is a USA Boxing certified Coach, and a Certified Kettlebell Instructor.
- Coach Rich has experience in Kodokan Judo, Miletich Fighting Systems, Jackson’s Submission Fighting, and Army Combative’s.
General Manager / Instructor
- Coach Sam has been training boxing, kickboxing and Muay Thai for over 15 years.
- She has trained both fighters and fitness enthusiasts, adults and kids.
- She has a heart for youth development – both in physical accomplishments and character development.
- Our kickboxing program and belt system was designed by Coach Sam from over 10 years specializing in teaching and motivating kids through martial arts.
After School Director/Instructor
- Coach Kim has a degree in education and over fifteen years of experience as both a classroom teacher and professional tutor.
- Her sports and fitness experience includes being a jr high and high school volleyball coach, cheerleading coach, and assistant basketball coach.
- She was named volleyball “Coach of the Year” three times and led multiple teams to championships.
- Coach Kim has programmed summer sports camps and organized elementary after-school leagues.
- She loves working with students both in the classroom and in the gym.
Lead Youth Instructor - Katy
- Coach Devin is a blue belt in jiu jitsu under Head Coach Richard Burmaster.
- He began training with Coach Rich over 8 years ago in the youth program and is now one of our Youth Instructors!
- Coach Devin is a competitive athlete, having participated in the wrestling program at Tompkins High School.
- He has recently competed in Submission Hunter Pro and secured the win by decision.
- Coach Devin is an amateur MMA fighter with a record of 2-0!
Lead Youth Instructor - Richmond
- Coach Vic is a brown belt in jiu jitsu under Head Coach Richard Burmaster.
- He began wrestling at 8 years old and training in MMA at 16. After joining Coach Rich, he had his first amateur MMA fight at 19 and would go on to have 9 amateur fights, finishing his career as the #1 ranked amateur flyweight in Oklahoma.
- He was an instructor and competitor in Muay Thai under Kru Billy Clark, and would go on to compete in the A and B class in Muay Thai. He is also a judge and referee for the USMTA (United State Muay Thai Association).
- Coach Vic is a professional MMA fighter on a current 4-0 win streak!
Owner / Instructor
- Coach Reggie is a purple belt in jiu jitsu under Head Coach Richard Burmaster.
- He is a 15-year veteran in law enforcement and assists with his department’s Hand-to-Hand and Ground Combat training class for police officers..
- Coach Reggie has over 10 years of experience in strength/conditioning and brings a unique blend of programming, mixing elements of high intensity interval training along with MMA, BJJ and striking.
Owner / Instructor
- Coach Donovan is a brown belt in jiu jitsu under Head Coach Richard Burmaster.
- He has been training and competing in MMA and BJJ for 9 years.
- Coach Donovan’s relentless style pushes teammates and students alike to perform at their very best.
- Coach Don primarily teaches at our Richmond location.
- Coach Raul is a Black belt in jiu jitsu under Head Coach Richard Burmaster.
- He has been training in Mixed Martial Arts for over 10 years and has 6 amateur MMA fights.
- Coach Raul primarily teaches at our Richmond location.